Just like other outdoor activities, hiking offers several physical and mental benefits. Most of all, it’s very exciting and enjoyable.
Here are some tips you can follow to make your first hiking experience a memorable one.
1) Choose a trail that will suit your level of fitness and do some research of the area.
2) Don’t forget to check the weather hours before you go hiking. That way, you’ll avoid getting surprised by bad weather on the trail.
3) Make sure to pack the important equipment and supplies such as the navigation map/compass, first aid supplies, flashlight, and much more.
4) Wear comfortable shoes, socks, and outfit.
5) Keep your backpack light.